[wix-users] Install files in AppDataFolder for service

Christian Worm Mortensen opensource at epust.dk
Wed Jul 14 06:13:35 PDT 2021

Hi!

 I have an installer where I install a service using InstallService. I
have no Account attribute in InstallService element, so the service is
running on the "Local System" account like many other services.

The service needs to maintain some files, and I would think the
AppDataFolder is an appropriate place to keep them (?).

Now, how, do I get hold of the AppDataFolder for "Local System"
account so I can make an initial set of files and also remove all
files on uninstallation?

I cannot see any other way than writing my own WiX plugin and call
SHGetFolderPath manually. Something I would like to avoid if possible.

 Best,

 Christian