[wix-users] Insufficient permission issue during uninstallation

Vibhor Gupta vibhor.gupta at coditas.com
Thu Jul 8 11:30:06 PDT 2021

Hii,

We are working on an excel add-in project which uses pyxll to write excel
functions in python and for creating the final .msi installer we are using
wixtoolset .

Now the problem is when we uninstall the installed msi file we run into
insufficient permissions issues on the core files of python which remain
untouched. For your reference I am providing you with a sample of the wxs
file we are referring to link
<https://github.com/pyxll/pyxll-installer/blob/master/templates/Product.wxs>.
We have even signed the installer with a Digicert code signing certificate
and no explicit permissions are set to any file or folder.

So can you help us understand why we are running into this issue and how
can we debug it to solve this issue? And if you can point to a solution
based on the reference wxs sample then that will help .

I have attached a image of the alert box that shows when we uninstall which
is creating issue

Thank You

Regards,
Vibhor Gupta

This
e-mail communication and any attachments to it are confidential and
privileged to Coditas and are strictly intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify the sender immediately and
destroy all copies of this message along with all attachments thereto.