[wix-users] force rollback on files-in-use?

Alan Sinclair anadem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 07:45:02 PST 2021

Can I ensure that if a silent upgrade install finds a file in use then the
upgrade will roll back?

My client does a frequent silent upgrade overnight, and has found a few
instances where an executable has not been updated. They use 'msiexec /q
/norestart ...'

I know when it's not silent there's a popup saying *"Files in Use" "Some
files that need to be updated are currently in use" *and an option to close
the application or have a restart at the end. Because this is only very
occasional I don't know what happens in a silent operation but I'd like to
be sure it rolls back

thanks
Alan