[wix-users] Passing command-line arguments to program run on ExitDialog

Axel Holzinger aholzinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 12 11:05:29 PDT 2021

Hi list,

I just don't get it working, so finally (after one day of trying out all
kind of google's hints) I decided to ask here.

I have an installer that on the end of the install is asking via check-box
if the configuration GUI program shall be launched. I followed
https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/howtos/ui_and_localization/ru
n_program_after_install.html and it works perfectly.

Now I need to pass a command-line argument to my app and the troubles begin.
It seems that WixShellExec can't handle this (unfortunately there's no
notice of this on the website and so one tries and fails).

I found all kinds of infos, but neither works. Or it doesn't compile or it
doesn't work.

My question: What is the recommended way of doing this?

Please note that the app needs elevation.

Thanks in advance
Axel