[wix-users] Code Integrity validation triggered at firewall.dll and winca.dll

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue May 26 20:16:51 PDT 2020

Those files are signed in WiX v3.11.2

---
Short replies here. Complete answers here: https://www.firegiant.com/services/

-----Original Message-----
From: wix-users <wix-users-bounces at lists.wixtoolset.org> On Behalf Of Masato Maeda via wix-users
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:14 PM
To: wix-users at lists.wixtoolset.org
Cc: Masato Maeda <Masato.Maeda at microsoft.com>
Subject: [wix-users] Code Integrity validation triggered at firewall.dll and winca.dll

Hi,

Our team is using Wix Toolset to build MSI. There is high security Microsoft Windows environment with enhanced Code Integrity policy. All deploying binaries must be code signed. This includes temporary DLL that runs during custom action execution. I have signed CustomActionLibrary before and after run MakeSfxCA.exe. But native extension libraries caused integrity error such as firewall.dll and winca.dll. Is there a way to repack them after digitally signed?

Thanks,
Masato