[wix-users] Creating a NuGet package from a WiX Library

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Wed May 20 17:29:58 PDT 2020

I talked to (the) (one of the?) nuget guys years ago.  I didn't see how NuGet did anything for deployment.  To me it's an NPM type package manager that is an easy button for developers to pull dependencies in.   If you happen to use publish profiles / cloud deployment your not even thinking about deployment actually.  If your thinking MSI your thinking  merge modules,  wixlibs, chaining and so on.  I mentioned all of this and I got the impression he thought I didn't know what I was talking about and was ready to get off the phone.

Where do you see WiX v4 and NuGet working together?