[wix-users] Driver uninstallation

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:29:51 PDT 2020

A shared component should look identical in all products. Same component
guid and same keypath (which implies files should be installed to the same
common shared directory, perhaps under C:\Program Files\Common
Files\MyCompany\Drivers) and same resources in the component. Wixlibs can
be useful in ensuring shared components are identical between products.

Alternatively, you could have a product that installs the shared component
and use a burn bundle to install the shared driver msi and the application
msi package.

No matter how you fix this into the future for systems that haven't had any
of the applications installed you will still need a strategy to fix up
already installed systems. You may need to uninstall all old applications
and replace them with new fixed applications. Didn't think through that too
much.

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 6:05 AM Matthias Reuss via wix-users <