[wix-users] Creating a NuGet package from a WiX Library

Vanniekerk, Tyrel (GE Healthcare) tyrel.vanniekerk at ge.com
Wed May 20 13:05:25 PDT 2020

Hi,

This is probably an odd question 😃, but do you happen to know what I have to do to get the output from a WiX library into a NuGet package that will work correctly when added to a WiX setup project?  I download the source code for the Wix.Toolset NuGet package and that adds some XML to the wixproj manually.  I assume I will have to do something similar.

The second question is how to get a regular NuGet package to work with the Wix Setup project.  I have a base CustomActions assembly that we have in a NuGet package on our local NuGet server.  When I try to add that I get an error that my NuGet package does not support the targets type of “Unsupported”.

Thanks,
Tyrel

You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Unsupported,Version=v0.0'