[wix-users] please install v141_xp build tools

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:05:14 PDT 2020

Questions about building the toolset itself belong on the wix-devs mailing
list, so please move this conversation there. The short answer is that v3
has a very complicated build system that tries to build with the correct
version of Visual Studio based on what's installed on your machine, and
VS2019 came out after we stopped updating the build system so you'll need
to use an older version of VS.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM Roberto via wix-users <