[wix-users] Can we reset NeverOverwrite setting in a Patch.msp

Blair Murri osito at live.com
Fri Jan 10 06:51:36 PST 2020

That should turn that bit off during your small update, but it will still be off in the next maintenance patch after this one.

If you have been protecting those config files in order to prevent loss of customer settings, you may want to instead consider a custom action to rewrite your changes to that file. WiX provides a couple, one intended especially for config files (because it supports XML namespaces) that may do the trick.