[wix-users] Uninstall Throws 0x8007015E (Reboot is Pending) but RebootPending variable is 0

Bryan Dam bryand at recastsoftware.com
Wed Feb 19 11:12:57 PST 2020

My bad, I did not specify.  Correct, the uninstall is failing and returning that error code.

My suspicion is that one of the pre-reqs (.NET Core 3.1.0 Hosting Bundle) is triggering the needed reboot.  So if I install, don’t reboot, then try to uninstall I can semi-reliably trigger the issue.  If I reboot it will uninstall just fine.  I’m just wondering why RebootPending is 0 in this case and if there’s any other check I could add to determine that a reboot is pending and exit before attempting to uninstall.