[wix-users] Uninstall Throws 0x8007015E (Reboot is Pending) but RebootPending variable is 0

Bryan Dam bryand at recastsoftware.com
Wed Feb 19 10:56:29 PST 2020

Wondering if anyone has come across this before.  I'm in the testing phase of a new custom BA and the uninstall will sometimes fail with  0x8007015E (-2147024546) which translates to "No action was taken as a system reboot is required."  I have logic that looks at the RebootPending built-in string variable but in these cases it's always been 0 which supposedly indicates that no reboot is supposedly required.  It's not strictly repeatable so I'm not sure I'm going to get too worked up about it but figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has seen the same thing.
        Thanks,
             Bryan