[wix-users] WiX Toolset Discussions experiment on GitHub

Sean Hall r.sean.hall at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 11:19:59 PST 2020

GitHub very recently made it possible to selectively watch just the
Discussions for a repo -
https://github.blog/changelog/2020-11-20-custom-notification-controls/.
1. Logon to GitHub.
2. Go to https://github.com/wixtoolset/issues.
3. In the upper right corner, click on Watch.
4. Select Custom.
5. Select Discussions.
6. Click Apply.

I haven't tried to respond to a discussion by email yet, but other parts of
GitHub do let you do that so that should work.

The Discussions feature is still a beta feature for GitHub, so for those of
us watching the entire repo there's no way today to tell the difference
between an issue notification email and a discussion notification email.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:19 PM Rob Mensching via wix-users <