[wix-users] How WixTools manage the upgrades?

Davide Perini perini.davide at dpsoftware.org
Mon Aug 17 11:02:28 PDT 2020

I don't understand the purpose of Wix Toolset in this case.
Isn't Wix Toolset "a way to install software" in Windows?

In Windows I can uninstall the software I installed with wix, how can I
tell wix
to create an exe that does an inplace upgrade by removing the old
installation and installing a new version?

Isn't this something that wix can do?

Thanks,
Davide