[wix-users] How to Detect if Bundle is Being Upgraded vs Uninstalled

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:21:06 PDT 2020

I was under the impression that all packages are installed after planning
and that all planning occurs after all detections.

Any who, perhaps you can do a product search or registry search or other
some search that tells you that this ExePackage is already installed
(really, the bundle doesn't matter does it?) and set DetectCondition on
that ExePackage based on the results of that search. If the ExePackage is
already installed as would be the case during an upgrade, then it properly
detects it as already installed and doesn't try to run the ExePackage
again. If something else already installed that ExePackage before your
bundle installed it, then would you want to install it again? I'd guess
probably not.

--
Edwin G. Castro