[wix-users] How to Detect if Bundle is Being Upgraded vs Uninstalled

Kristoffer M kristofferm2929 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:33:23 PDT 2020

Hi Edwin,

Thank you for your reply. The WixBunleInstalled would be set to true in the
instances of upgrade and uninstall so I don't think this can be used to
differentiate one over the other. BOOTSTRAPPER_ACTION, according to the
documentation, is "updated during the call to IBootstrapperEngine::Plan()".
This is an issue for me because ExePackage, if I understand correctly,
executes before Plan().