[wix-users] How to pass arguments for window-service into update

Алексей Погорельский pogorelsky.work at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:59:42 PDT 2020

Hello,
I have installer made by Wix. It installs service via ServiceInstall
element (
https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/serviceinstall.html).
Service needs some arguments to start (I pass these arguments via
properties to ServiceInstall). Also I make updates as described here (
https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/patching/patch_building.html
).
When I install via bootstrapper, it gets arguments for service starting,
from user interface and everything works fine. But my update knows nothing
about these arguments.
What is the best way to pass arguments for service into update?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Aleksey Pogorelskiy

Без