[wix-users] Is it possible to condition DisplayInternalUI on Burn fow Wix Toolset? (Not InstallCondition)

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 17:36:47 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have a Checkbox in the Theme.xml.
I would like to know if it is possible change the "yes/no" flag like
DisplayInternalUI or Permanent using this Checkbox.

I am aware that Checkbox converts to variable but I am only able to use
Variable Type="numeric". And I am unable to store YesNoType using checkbox.
And DisplayInternalUI obviously would not take numeric values.

I am aware that I could make InstallCondition and have 2 different types of
MsiPackage (or ExePackage) and condition it based on the Variable value,
but I was hoping there would be some different approach to connect the
checkbox and the yes/no flag.

Would it be possible? or is it not possible.

Thank you