[wix-users] Burn enabling Net Feature on Windows Server

Herman van Drie hvandrie at outlook.com
Fri Mar 8 04:21:36 PST 2019

Cam,

Is the server behind a proxy server which requires authentication?
If so, when you - in your user-context - run the installer, it might use your credentials to authenticate to the internet proxy, and can download .cab from Microsoft. When installer runs in system-context, it usually attempts to access the proxy with anonymous credentials which in proxies needs to be allowed to a given destination.