[wix-users] Wix Tutorial Help

Stephanie Gwaltney smyawn3 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 18:05:54 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am new to wix and was trying to run through the tutorials on
https://www.firegiant.com/wix/tutorial/.

In particular, I cannot get the exit dialog to work correctly in the User
Face Revisited chapter. See:
https://www.firegiant.com/wix/tutorial/user-interface-revisited/well-done/

I down loaded the files, but both samples 6 and 7 are not working. They
will compile/link and a msi is produced. Installing using the msi also
installs the 'application'.

But during the installation, the wizard disappears after the progress page.
None of the dialogs after that appear, such as the exitDlg.

Why are these examples not working, what do I need to do to make them work
as described?

Any help would be appreciated