[wix-users] Bundle cache location & self-update

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Mon Jun 17 13:52:51 PDT 2019

Bundles don't modify the state of the machine, installers do.

Also don't forget that Per-User vs Per-Machine bundles behave differently.

What are you doing by creating a shortcut to point back to the bundle?

Also, are you doing a native or managed BA?  You might find this helpful if you are doing a native one.  https://github.com/jchoover/wix3/blob/Gfc/src/ext/BalExtension/wixstdba/WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.cpp