[wix-users] Official 3.14 release date

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Tue Jun 11 13:37:55 PDT 2019

As I understand the design, arguably this:

> WiX 3.11 built installers work on a machine with VS 2017 where vswhere tool doesn’t work.

...is a bug. But I didn't write the code and have little interest in spending my free time debugging the issue for you. I believe you can find the code here: https://github.com/wixtoolset/wix3/blob/develop/src/ext/VSExtension/ca/vsca.cpp

Best of luck. If you want someone to meet your demand to spend their free time working on something that is important to you, there is a Commercial Support option for you to exchange money for time: https://www.firegiant.com/support-options/