[wix-users] Bootstrap application not detecting related package features on upgrade

Colin Sim Colin.Sim at ipfx.com
Wed Jun 19 01:58:06 PDT 2019

Hello all,

I am writing a WiX burn bootstrap (setup) application, which manages the install of an MSI package. The setup application allows the end-user to select features that map directly to the features in the corresponding MSI package.

Install works as expected, that is, the features selected via setup application is what's installed. However, on upgrade the setup application doesn't detect any installed MSI's features. I subscribe to the DetectMsiFeature event but it seems this event only reports the status of the features for the MSI in the current setup application - I guess this makes sense for modification and repair workflows.

Does anyone know if there is a way to detect installed MSI features when upgrading a setup using the built in WiX BootstrapperApplication? Are there any recommendations on how best to manage this situation?

Thanks,
Colin

This e-mail contains IPFX information which may be privileged or confidential and is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise immediately to the e-mail address above and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. We monitor our e-mail system and may record your e-mails. Thank you.