[wix-users] Installed program won't start without admin rights

Viktor Svahlstedt viktor.svahlstedt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:59:40 PDT 2019

Hi, first time using WiX.

I have a small program with just one Tool.exe and a manual.pdf and need to
distribute this with a simple installer. I have followed the WiX  toolset
tutorial and the "Getting started" is pretty much all I need to start with.

I have successfully installed my product with shortcuts, uninstall from
App/feature and a file association.

The problem:
If I start the program from a associated file it starts fine but if I start
the program with Main.exe or its shortcuts I get a "Fatal error! Failed to
execute script main". But it works if I start it as Administrator. This is
not needed when I'm using the Main.exe (the one i put in the installation)
before installing it with .msi.

How can I fix this? I have googled a lot but can't find a solution. Maybe
it's something I need to do in my Main.exe instead?

//Svalan