[wix-users] Platform variable value for Suffix in IIS Custom Action

Blair Murri osito at live.com
Fri Jan 25 11:25:08 PST 2019

Try $(sys.BUILDARCH)

________________________________
From: Ven H <venh.123 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2019 9:24:25 AM
To: Blair Murri
Subject: Re: [wix-users] Platform variable value for Suffix in IIS Custom Action

Hi Blair,

I am calling that custom action inside InstallExecute sequence with a condition to make sure it gets executed only when my App feature is getting installed and not during the DB feature execution, because it was slowing things down otherwise and it was showing confusing status messages during DB feature installation. However, I had to hard code the value of Platform variable in the .wxi file, since I don't know how to set it otherwise.