[wix-users] wix same version updates of package creates Duplicate Control Panel entries

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 13:28:29 PST 2019

>From the Windows Installer perspective, all that matters is package code,
product code, product version, and upgrade code. For details, see
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/msi/patching-and-upgrades

At first I wondered if the value of Schedule matters since I
Schedule="afterInstallInitialize" but I remember now that I have seen two
ARP entries even when AllowSameVersionUpgrades="no" if both packages have
the same product version. I wonder if this works differently if
RemoveExistingProducts is scheduled late.

From
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/msi/registerproduct-action

"The RegisterProduct action registers the product information with the
installer and with Add/Remove Programs."

I can't find an UnregisterProduct action. How are products normally
unregistered?

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:10 PM Sebastian, ChinchuX via wix-users <