[wix-users] Make WiX Project work in Visual Studio & Build Machine

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 23:13:48 PST 2019

I have a setup project in Visual Studio 2019. I use Heat command in that
project. I followed the below link to make it working in build machine,
which won't have VS or WiXToolSet installed.

https://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/msbuild/daily_builds.html

For this, I modified the .wixproj as per the link above. But now, it's no
longer working in Visual Studio. Has anyone faced this issue? Has anyone
had success in making a WiX project build successfully in  Visual Studio as
well as build machine? If so, please help.