[wix-users] Extracting the bundle engine with signature

Jacques Eloff repstosd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 10:01:43 PST 2019

I was looking at the Inscriber APIs (Wix.dll). Am I correct that when
extracting the bundle engine that it removes any existing signatures? It
seems to be calling into an internal API (BurnReader) to separate the
bundle engine from the bundle, but it appears that it is stripping any
potential signatures.

Is there another option to extract the signed engine from a bundle? I want
to sign the engine with an additional signature and need to preserve the
original signature (if any are present).

Thanks,
Jacques