[wix-users] bundle and IBootstrapperBAFunction to close app

Michael Tissington michael at oaklodge.com
Tue Dec 10 21:39:03 PST 2019

I have a bundle and I'm already using IBootstrapperBAFunction to prolong the
display of a startup screen.

The bundle installs 3 packages, .NET, C++ runtime and our main app.

The main app already has some custom actions to close down when the msi for
the app runs.

However the issue is that the app needs to be closed before attempting to
run the C++ install (Microsoft exe)

What is the best way to close our app at before running the c++ install?

Can this be done in IBootstrapperBAFunction::OnPlan?