[wix-users] "installfiles" doesn't work at all environments

Fahrettin ÖZTÜRK fahrettin.tc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:50:45 PST 2019

Hello all,

We have been using MSI Installer to install our packages to Customers'
working environments for a long time. It has been working so far without
any issues. However, after the latest windows 10 update, some of our
customers started having issue during the installation.

The <InstallFiles> command doesn't work at some of our customers' working
environments.

The <InstallFiles> command is basically copying the source files to a
specific folder path. This command is being executed under
<InstallExecuteSequence> element as below;

<InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="InitializeSetup" After="InstallInitialize">Not
Installed</Custom>
      <InstallFiles>Not Installed</InstallFiles>

The customer that having issue has fill read/write privilege and acting as
a local admin.

Do you have any suggestions about this issue?

Tanks in advance.

--
Fahrettin Ozturk