[wix-users] Viewing msi table

Nir Bar nir.bar at panel-sw.com
Thu Aug 8 05:38:58 PDT 2019

You can execute the InstallShield exe with log file like this:

setup.exe /v"/l*v %TEMPT%\msi.log"

While the UI is open, open the log file and find where the MSI is located.

Then, copy the MSI and close the UI.

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert

---- On Thu, 08 Aug 2019 15:27:37 +0300 balachander s <connecttobalachander at gmail.com> wrote ----

No it was not developed using wix but Installshield. Im left only with exe file.

So can we find embedded MSI only in ProgramData folder . Or shall we use any methods or tools for this purpose

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 3:25 PM Nir Bar <mailto:nir.bar at panel-sw.com> wrote:

You can extract the MSI from the wrapping EXE.

if the EXE was developed using WiX, use dark.exe

Otherwise, usually the embedded MSI is extracted to a random subfolder of %TEMP%, or to C:\ProgramData\...

--

Nir Bar

WiX Expert