[wix-users] LGHT0388: The file name 'Setup.exe' creates an insecure bundle

Mouni K mouni.c2cbit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 04:08:36 PDT 2019

Hello WixUsers,

We were building our project with Wix 3.6 and now upgraded to 3.11.1. Now
when i build the project , the get the below error-

I do not understand how or where to rename the Setup.exe to something other
than Setup.exe.

*light.exe(0,0): error LGHT0388: The file name 'Setup.exe' creates an
insecure bundle. Windows will load unnecessary compatibility shims into a
bundle with that file name. These compatibility shims can be DLL hijacked
allowing attackers to compromise your customers' computer. Choose a
different bundle file name.*

 Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mounika.