[wix-users] ExecuteAction Return Value 3

Christopher Painter chrpai at iswix.com
Tue Apr 23 11:07:59 PDT 2019

I have a report of an MSI that failed in the same one as this thread:

https://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31297

Essentially the installer fails almost immediately upon going to the sever side with the  Grabbed execution mutex and then MainEngineThread is returning 1603 followed by ExecuteAction return value 3.

I looked at the log over and over and don't see any actions before that having an error.   I don't recall having seen this behavior before.  Has anyone else?