[wix-users] harvesting COM registration data

Rob Mensching rob at firegiant.com
Wed Nov 28 08:56:24 PST 2018

heat.exe does not support extracting COM registration for executables.

There is a commercial solution from FireGiant in the "WiX Expansion Pack" that supports harvesting COM registration from executables (and more): https://www.firegiant.com/products/wix-expansion-pack/#heatwave-harvesting (documentation here: https://www.firegiant.com/wix/wep-documentation/harvesting/)