[wix-users] harvesting COM registration data

Reuss, Matthias matthias.mr.reuss at sivantos.com
Wed Nov 28 08:50:24 PST 2018

Hello,

does heat extract COM registration data from "Local Servers" (i.e. .exe COM servers)?

I could successfully retrieve this information from some COM dlls, and also from some COM Interop assemblies, but when harvesting an .exe which is supposed to self-register using the -regserver switch, heat does not output COM registration data.

Am I missing something, or is this a missing feature (I am using wix 3.11.1)?

Is there a recommended workaround?

Best regards

Matthias Reuss