[wix-users] Question about getting a Wix compile running in Visual Studio 2017

Glenn Jones GJones at mathematica-mpr.com
Thu Nov 29 08:31:39 PST 2018

Hi all,

I just installed Wix 3.11.1 on my machine and the Visual Studio Extension for VS 2017. All of this went well. I am able create a Wix Project but when I went to build it I got an error "The WiX Toolset v4 build tools must be installed to build this project. Could not find wix.targets at ''.". Now I did install the Wix Toolset, I can run candle and light as well, so I know the toolkit is installed. It looks to me like there is a configuration item missing since it is looking in '' for the wix.target file.

How can I correct this and start building setup from Visual Studio?

Thanks,

Glenn