[wix-users] Disallowing Old Bundle/MsiProduct from Installing when they have different UpgradeCodes

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Fri May 25 09:35:20 PDT 2018

RelatedBundle, assuming your using a recent version of WiX.

When you make BundleC, add a RelatedBundle referencing A, then A's detection logic will see C as a newer version.

If your allowing the MSI to be installed without your bundle, you would need to use the same UpgradeCode to allow the old MSI to see that a newer version is installed.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa370840%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396