[wix-users] Remote Service Stop & Start

Edwin Castro egcastr at gmail.com
Thu May 24 11:12:24 PDT 2018

Window Installer standard actions *only* act locally. Thus ServiceControl
only acts on local services.

The WiX documentation for ServiceControl

http://wixtoolset.org/documentation/manual/v3/xsd/wix/servicecontrol.html

has a link to the MSDN documentation for the ServiceControl table

https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/aa371634.aspx

which says the ServiceControl table affects the StartServices,
StopServices, and DeleteServices standard actions.

If ServiceControl had remote support, *which it doesn't*, then your custom
action(s) would need to run before one or more of the appropriate standard
actions above.

Changing system resources on another machine remotely seems like a really,
really, really bad idea. Good luck!

--
Edwin G. Castro

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 5:59 AM, Ven H via wix-users <