[wix-users] Remote Service Stop & Start

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 05:59:19 PDT 2018

I have a custom action which does some actions in a remote SQL server.
After this, there is a requirement to stop and start SQL service in that
remote machine. I know there is ServiceControl element.

But, can we use ServiceControl to stop / service on a remote server? Also,
if ServiceControl element is defined in wxs file, is it possible to ensure,
it gets called after the successful execution of the custom action? If both
these are not possible, I may have to stop & start the service
programmatically from my custom action. Please help.