[wix-users] Custom Progress Dialog

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:02:41 PST 2018

I am trying to execute many SQL scripts as part of my MSI. During
installation, I have to show the progress of each script file. The default
Progress Dialog runs quickly and doesn't show the progress of individual
scripts. I read that subscribing to ActionData event will help me achieve
this. So, I opened up the source code of WiX and copied the ProgressDlg.wxs
and just updated its Id and changed the following line to

 <Control Id="ActionData" Type="Text" X="70" Y="100" Width="285"
Height="10">
    <Subscribe Event="ActionData" Attribute="Text" />
 </Control>
which was ActionText before. Also, I changed the line inside the
InstallUISequence element to below.
<Show Dialog="CustProgressDlg" After="ProgressDlg" />

In spite of these changes, I am not sure if my custom Progress dialog is
being shown or the same default Progress Dialog is getting shown. How do I
achieve my requirement? Do I really need a Custom Action? What is missing?
Please help.

Regards,
Venkatesh