[wix-users] RelatedBundle Action attribute

Hoover, Jacob Jacob.Hoover at greenheck.com
Thu Jun 14 15:07:09 PDT 2018

Detect and Upgrade are similar, however I've not had to use Addon or Patch.

Detect only detects a related bundle, so it would require a custom BA to decide "oh you found this, and even though it's detect only I want to modify the plan and do Y".

Upgrade is easy.  Assuming you've authored an upgrade code in your initial bundle, subsequent bundles can relate to them via their upgrade codes.  Note, since you can't see the future, the registration gets "reversed" in such a way that the new bundle in arp publishes that it is an upgrade to the older bundle. If an older bundle is ran, it is this registration that gets queried to find out a newer version is installed, so don't downgrade.