[wix-users] Windows vX.X mismatch from the System and the VersionNT

Shintaro Takechi devst119 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:58:48 PDT 2018

Hi,

I have a customer reporting that they were not install our software.
Basically he was stuck with windows version issue.
My installation condition is following.
<![CDATA[Installed OR ((VersionNT64 >= v6.1) AND (ServicePackLevel >= 1))
OR (VersionNT64 >= v6.2)]]>
His machine in the System window said that the machine is Windows 7
Professional with Service Pack 1.
Which I believe should pass the condition above.

However, when I looking at the bundle log, the top of the log displays
following
Burn v3.11.0.906, Windows v6.0 (Build 6000: Service Pack 0)

How would this version mismatch occur?
Would upgrading the windows OS from Vista to 7 cause this?
Has anybody encountered this issue?

Thank you

Shintaro