[wix-users] File Handling Options with Bootstrapper

R ryee at pronktech.com
Wed Jul 18 20:35:12 PDT 2018

There are some files that I have to work with during an install and an
uninstall. These files are created by the main application during run-time.
One example of the type of handling I'm looking for is being able to prompt
the user if they would like to delete the database during an uninstall if
one is found.

Since I'm using a Bundle, do I need to create a custom bootstrapper or is
there a way to do it similar to the Wix UI Dialog sets?

Would I have to use Custom Actions and how would I connect the two?

Is it better to try to do it through the MSI and make the standard
bootstrapper show the msi dialog? I'd like for the install to be a smooth
single experience, if possible.

Thank you for your help!