[wix-users] Set Feature in Silent Install for Custom Action

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:11:05 PDT 2018

I am trying to set ADDLOCAL and REMOVE properties through a Custom Action
so that I can control setting features through Silent Install in change /
maintenance modes also, based on some properties. This may sound a little
odd, but I have a requirement to control the feature state through
Properties only in Silent Install. But since I got to know from Rob himself
that, it is not possible to set Conditions in Feature in Change mode, I
thought of using Custom Action to set the ADDLOCAL and REMOVE properties
based on the properties passed from the command line. I tried using
SetProperty elements also for ADDLOCAL and REMOVE, but no luck. Can anyone
please help?