[wix-users] Maintenance Type Dialog not showing

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 22:13:57 PST 2018

I am developing an MSI with Custom UI dialogs. It has two features. When
running the MSI installer first time, I am selecting one of the features
and installing it. I want to run the installer again to install the second
feature. I know that in the normal case, it would show the Maintenance
Dialog with Change / Repair / Remove buttons from which I can select the
Change option and install the other feature. But, since I am using Custom
Dialogs including the Welcome Dialog, when I run it the second time, it
directly goes from the Welcome Dialog to Progress Dialog to Finish dialog
without even waiting / prompting for clicks. I do have a condition like
below to navigate to MaintenanceTypeDlg from CustWelcomeDlg if the MSI is
already installed once, but still no luck (Custom Welcome Dialog will have
to navigate to the Custom License Agreement dialog if not already installed
and will have to navigate to Maintenance Type Dialog if it is installed
(even if one feature). Can anyone please help me? Note: Maintenance Type
Dialog is out of the box, though I would like to customize that also later,
since I want to customize the click event of Change button

*<Publish Dialog="CustWelcomeDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog"
Value="CustLicenseAgmtDlg" Order="1">NOT Installed AND NOT PATCH</Publish>*

*<Publish Dialog="CustWelcomeDlg" Control="Next" Event="NewDialog"
Value="MaintenanceTypeDlg" Order="2">Installed AND NOT PATCH</Publish>*

Regards,
Venkatesh