[wix-users] Include (or not) files based in Build Configuration

Carlos Sosa carlos.sosa.us at outlook.com
Thu Apr 26 10:58:20 PDT 2018

Hello I'm creating a bundle that works well, however the components are really large, the total Installer is about  MB.
Since we do not want to copy all the files, all the time due to the space they use in our build server (bamboo) I'm trying to create a condition to only add these if Configuration = Release.

I tried this:

<Chain>
      <?if $(var.Configuration) = Debug ?>
      <!-- DEBUG ONLY -->
      <PackageGroupRef Id="Debug"/>
      <!-- END DEBUG ONLY -->
      <?else?>
      <!-- RELEASE ONLY -->
      <PackageGroupRef Id="Release"/>
      <!-- END RELEASE ONLY -->
      <?endif?>
</Chain>

This installs only the packages in its corresponding group (good) BUT IT INCLUDES ALL of the files in the installer leaving it the same size.
Is there a way to not include the "extra" files when in Debug?

Any direction is appreciated.
Best.