[wix-users] Identify Silent Install Completion

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:29:54 PDT 2018

If I execute silent installation of MSI using the command *msiexec /qn /i
<MSI> /l*vs MSILog.log* from the command line or powershell, I am not sure
how to understand it is completed or not. Currently, I keep refreshing to
check if the log file size has changed from 0 to a considerable size. Is
there a better way to identify if silent installation completed or not
(both manually & programmatically)? Please help.