[wix-users] Wix code for install of COM AddIn to MS Office NOT VSTO

Peter Chamberlain pfc at webapt.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 02:17:48 PDT 2017

Hi

I have to create an install for a c# Visual Studio COM AddIn for Word.  I
have created several Wix installs for VSTO projects but I can't use VSTO for
this one. (Word is started by an external application and VSTO projects
don't always load correctly unless Word is started by user).  VS 2010 had a
built in installer for this type of 'Shared AddIn' project and uses
mscoree.dll to launch the AddIn. I need to use VS2012 or 2015 so I don't
have access to the previous installer.

I have not been able to find and help for the Wix installer for this type of
project.  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter