[wix-users] Questions on Heat Command

Ven H venh.123 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 08:29:22 PST 2017

I understand that Heat command generates the WiX fragment for files. How
does it work for registry entries, Custom Actions and so on? Also, for GAC
deployment, I understand that having the Assembly=".net" attribute for the
File element is enough. But, will the Heat command generate this attribute
for a dll?

Also, I have a requirement to have the ability to dynamically add the wxs
file references generated by the Heat command to the main wxs (Product.wxs)
file, probably as components. Is it possible? Has anyone come across this
requirement? If so, can you please help?

Regards,
Venkatesh