[wix-users] Custom action conditions

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Nov 27 15:23:09 PST 2017

I have some auto generated code for which I need to schedule a series of
custom actions only to run if the package is not installed, not being removed
and finally only if a one or more of the related features is present. The condition
looks like:

NOT Installed AND NOT REMOVE AND (((&FOO=3) AND NOT(!FOO=3)))

The extra parenthesis result from the case where more than one feature
need to be present at which point the second set of feature tests is OR'ed
with the first. I assume the extra parenthesis in my test case don't matter.
So in common cases, I may end up with:

NOT Installed AND NOT REMOVE AND (((&FOO=3) AND NOT(!FOO=3)) OR ((&BAR=3) AND NOT(!BAR=3)) OR ((&BAZ=3) AND NOT(!BAZ=3)))

The action is scheduled after CostFinalize and is always being evaluated to
false, anyone know what I am missing?